The Marshall Historical Museum at the GAR Hall, 402 E. Michigan Ave., is now open 12-4 p.m. weekends only featuring a special exhibit about the life of Harold C. Brooks, best known at managing the Brooks Rupture Appliance Co, that is continuing into its second year.
He was also a community benefactor, philanthropist, preservationist and historian. He purchased the Honolulu House to keep it from possible demolition. He led the effort to convert a one-time livery stable into city hall. He donated the Brooks Memorial Fountain to the city as part of his effort in leading the 1930 Marshall centennial celebration. He donated the land for the local airport and he led the fund-raising effort afor the current Oaklawn Hospital building.